We don't own, buy or sell vehicles listed on our site.
Road2Autos, LLC is an online vehicle listing service that connects car buyers with
sellers. We are not car dealers. All vehicle listing information comes directly
from the dealer/seller-not Road2Autos. We don't get involved in transactions between
buyers and sellers.
If you receive an email that implies we're selling or buying a vehicle, please report it to us and to law enforcement.
It's most certainly a scam.
Please review our fraud awareness and safety tips below, and always use your best
judgment in all transactions. Help us stop fraud. If you receive a suspicious
email or are the victim of a scam, contact us and law enforcement right away.
We work hard to help you stay safe.
When meeting someone for the first time, please remember:
- Deal locally and see the item in person (Deals involving shipping (especially overseas)
are likely scams)
- Trust your instincts, use your best judgement
- If it's to good to be true it usually is
- Do not give the seller your home address, meet in a safe public area
- Inform a friend or family member where you're going
- Have a friend or family member accompany you
- Take your cell phone along
- Deal locally with folks you can meet in person
- In-person cash transactions are safest, and we always recommend cashier's checks
- Fake cashier checks and Money Orders are common and banks will cash them and hold
you responsible, verify authenticity with the issuing bank-not just your bank
- Be wary if the other party wants to use an escrow service such as BidPay, Squaretrade,
or even PayPal prior to taking posession of the vehicle
- We don’t inspect vehicles listed on our websites schedule an inspection with a professional
- Be aware of flood-damaged vehicles check the National
Insurance Crime Bureau
- Obtain a vehicle history report
- Avoid sending sensitive personal information to a seller via email
- Be wary of buyers willing to purchase your car sight-unseen, especially buyers located
- Do not transfer the title until you have payment in hand at the agreed upon price
- Don't agree to any plan where the buyer asks to send a check for more than the sale
price and requests that the seller refund the difference
- NEVER give your financial information
- NEVER wire funds to a distant seller, via Western Union or any other carrier
- ROAD2AUTOS.COM IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, IT IS BETWEEN YOU AND THE
Internet Fraud Resources
Visit the sites below to learn more about Internet fraud and who to notify about
fraud or scam attempts
- FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- FTC online complaint form (http://www.ftc.gov)
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center (http://www.ic3.gov)
- Non-emergency number for your local police department